The Gold 300 are a formidable set of floorstanding speakers which offer full range audio reproduction ranging from 30 right up to 60,000 Hz. With such an impressive complement of drivers, the Gold 300 has the power delivery and scale required to fill the largest rooms with jaw-dropping dynamics as well as the finest musical detail.
The refinements and changes to the drivers has produced a gold range capable of a sound which is even purer than ever. These updates have been introduced by the use of using the same exacting production standards which has helped the flagship Platinum range achieve such status. Energised by these upgrades the Gold range offers greater transparency, consistency and visual sophistication to devotees of sound and style everywhere. With eight models completing the range, there’s fantastic options to choose from whether you’re looking for high fidelity stereo audio or a full surround system.
- C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) ribbon transducer design – providing extension to a class leading 60KHz
- HiVe II port technology for better transient response and tighter bass
- New C-CAM RST (Rigid Surface Technology) bass/mid-range driver
- Single bolt through driver fixings for improved bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Die-cast alloy terminal panel arrangement with high quality bi-wire terminals and high end spade type link cables
- Pureflow silver internal cabling
- Selected premium quality wood veneer or high gloss lacquer finishes
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity resulting in low cabinet colouration
- Invisible magnetic grille fixings provide a sleek visual effect.
The Rigid Surface Technology cone profile provides speed and accuracy while offering greatly reduced distortion. Developed and perfected using sophisticated computer modelling (Finite Element Analysis) the RST patterns also help to displace standing waves that can propagate on the cone’s surface.
The proprietary ribbon tweeter design uses an ultra-thin sandwich of C-CAM alloy suspended in a powerful transverse magnetic field of rare earth magnets. With a mass of just 18mg, its diaphragm is able to start and stop in an instant, producing a transient response capable of defining the leading edge and natural harmonic resonance of complex musical sounds.
HiVe II Port Technology
A new type of port technology which uses a straight rifled design to accelerate air flow and reduce turbulence. HiVe II technology has the ability to move air in and out much quicker than a conventional port, the result is fast powerful bass coupled with superior transient response.
Magnetic Grille Fixing
Ultra-powerful Neodymium magnets hold the speaker grilles in place, allowing for easy removal and fitting as well as a clean look to the front baffle when the grilles are not in place.