Denon PMA 520AE Amplifier
INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER WITH ENHANCED AUDIO DYNAMICS.
- The PMA-520AE integrated amplifier features a High-Current Single-Push-Pull circuitry to achieve both strength and detail in music playback, which is Denon’s focus for its pure audio amplifiers.
- The relay switch used for CD and Phono input contains an inert gas to prevent the occurrence of noise that can negatively affect the signal.
- In addition, durable parts strictly selected for their contribution to sound quality, such as the large-capacity block capacitor for the power supply circuit, high-quality sound carbon resistors, and high-quality sound capacitors, are also used. Each individual part employed in configuring the circuits reflects this emphasis on high fidelity. For improved convenience, the remote control unit that comes with the PMA-520AE includes the main functions that control Denon CD players.
- The Denon PMA-520AE is the latest in a long line of superb entry level stereo amplifiers from Denon. With enhanced audio dynamics and high quality sound, the PMA520AE should be on anyone’s short-list if looking for an affordable stereo amplifier.
The Denon PMA-520AE is the latest in a long line of superb entry level stereo amplifiers from Denon. With enhanced audio dynamics and high quality sound, the PMA520AE should be on anyone’s short-list if looking for an affordable stereo amplifier.
A wide dynamic range allows connection to high quality audio sources and the PMA520AE will reproduce sound faithfully and accurately. Separate power supplies for analogue and digital circuits helps improve the audio quality, making the PMA520AE a great entry level stereo integrated amplifier.
High Current Design
At the heart of this Denon amp is a High Current Single-Push-Pull circuit for exceptional dynamics and detail. The high current power supply ensures that the bass is always deep and sustained yet never overbearing. As you’d expect from a quality Denon product, the PMA520AE also features a vibration-resistant casing with Direct Mechanical Ground Construction.
Lots Of Features
In terms of features, the PMA520AE has all the features you’re likely to need from a stereo amplifier. The three line level inputs are complemented by two recording loops, making a total of five line level inputs. In addition to this, the Denon PMA-520AE boasts an MM phono input for your turntable – a more unusual input these days. Two sets of speaker outputs allow you to have music in another room whilst the headphone socket is ideal for private listening.
For an Amp that matches smooth yet detailed sound with a wide range of features and tops it all off with stylish good looks, the Denon PMA-520AE takes some beating. Finished to Denon’s usual high standards and featuring an elegant aluminium front panel, the Denon PMA-520AE has the looks and build quality t
Advanced HC (High-Current)
- Single push-pullcircuit installed to simultaneously achieve both“subtlety” and “powerfulness”
- Employs HC transistors that pass 2 – 3 times the peak currentof conventional audio power transistors, to acquire a stable,expressive quality of music from extremely low-levels to high volume.
High-speed, large current capacity power circuit
- To draw out the full potential of the HC single push-pull circuit,the power circuit uses DENON custom-specification block typeelectrolytic capacitors, as well as SBD (Schottky-Barrier Diode)with short reverse recovery time and minimal current noise.
Source Direct function, for pure audio playback
- Achieves pure audio playback, protecting the purity of the sound by by-passing TONE (BASS, TREBLE), LOUDNESS and BALANCE controls.
Reduced power consumption during standby
- In consideration of the environment, power consumption duringstandby has been reduced to 0.3 W or better.
Cautions on handling
Before turning the power on
- Check once again that all connections are correct and that there are no problems with the connection cables.
- Power is supplied to some of the circuitry even when the unit is set to the standby mode.
- When going on vacation or leaving home for long periods of time, be sure to unplug the power cord from the power outlet.
- If there is a major difference in temperature between the inside of the unit and the surroundings, condensation (dew) may form on the operating parts inside the unit, causing the unit not to operate properly.
- If this happens, let the unit sit for an hour or two with the power turned off and wait until there is little difference in temperature before using the unit.
Cautions on using mobile phones
- Using a mobile phone near this unit may result in noise. If that occurs, move the mobile phone away from this unit when it is in use.
Moving the unit
- Turn off the power and unplug the power cord from the power outlet.
- Next, disconnect the connection cables to other system units before moving the unit.
- Wipe the cabinet and control panel clean with a soft cloth.
- Follow the instructions when using a chemical cleaner.
- Benzene, paint thinner or other organic solvents as well as insecticide may cause material changes and discoloration if brought into contact with the unit, and should therefore not be used
High Current (HC) Single-Push-Pull Circuit for musical detail and power
- The PMA-520AE incorporates HC transistors with 2 to 3 times the electrical current supply capability of conventional power transistors for audio.
- Denon’s acclaimed HC Single-Push-Pull Circuit has been inherited from its high-end models which, together with a fully discrete amplifi er design, produces a powerful sound fi lled with beautiful musical details
High-speed, high-capacity power supplycircuit for HC Single-Push-Pull
- The PMA-520AE’s power circuit uses a block capacitor that Denon engineers have jointly developed with a parts manufacturer and a Schottkybarrier diode that features low internal resistance for low loss, short recovery time, and negligible rectifying noise.
- This highly stable electrical current supply further brings out the expressive power of sound produced by the HC Single-Push-Pull Circui
Wide dynamic range, supporting high-grade audio sources
- The PMA-520AE’s tone control and power amplifi er circuit have been carefully adjusted to secure a frequency response of up to 100 kHz during actual use.
- Also, improvements in the volume circuit suppress noise in the amplifier to achieve high sonic resolution.
- These features and others give the PMA-520AE plenty of latitude to handle the wide dynamic range of high-grade audio sources such as Super Audio CD and DVD-Audio
Main transformer with separate power supplies for analogue
- The coiled wire within the power transformer for the audio signal and control circuits has been separated to eliminate mutual interference and adverse infl uences on sound quality.
- The PMA-520AE also has a separate transformer to minimize power consumption when in “standby”. Ensuring a more environmentally friendly design.
Bi-wiring connection (PMA-720AE only)
- This method of connecting a speaker by using two speaker cables enables separate transmission of treble and bass signals.
- This enables playback with minimal interference between the highrange speaker unit and the low-range speaker unit.
- This is a function to prevent damage to components within the power supply when an abnormality such as an overload or excess voltage occurs for any reason.
- In this unit, the power indicator blinks and the unit enters standby mode when an abnormality occurs
- Playback with higher fidelity to the source becomes possible, as input audio signals are output by bypassing the audio quality-control circuits (bass/treble/balance).
- This is certain-rated resistance of the speaker set to an alternating current and expressed in ohms.
- The smaller the impedance, the greater the output. However, load on the amplifier is increased.
- Use speakers whose impedance is supported by this unit.